MacRoberts defines corporate and social responsibility as:
"action taken by the Firm which positively impacts on its clients, staff, suppliers and local communities".
The Firm aims to create an environment in which all employees can contribute to, and benefit from, the promotion of good employment practices and diversity. We also recognise that our operations have an impact on the environment and we are committed to continual improvement in environmental performance.
Our corporate and social responsibility principles include:
- Conducting our business activities to high ethical standards.
- Promoting a work environment of equal opportunity for all employees in a non-discriminatory manner.
- Employing a diverse workforce and maintaining an inclusive work environment.
- Supporting local communities.
- Maintaining effective health and safety management systems.
- Meeting and exceeding, where possible, all relevant legislation and complying with health, safety and environmental regulations.
- Employing management systems and procedures which minimise the use of materials and energy to minimise the generation of waste and to enable re-cycling and re-use of materials.
MacRoberts promotes participation and input from employees, suppliers and clients to ensure the above principles are maintained.