Many of MacRoberts' Third Sector clients are housing associations or carry on business with social housing organisations. Registered social landlords operate in an important, heavily regulated area and are subject to a number of key policy sensitivities, all of which need to be appreciated by legal advisers.
We advise on the full spectrum of matters concerning RSLs such as:
- Employment advice in relation to employment policies, TUPE and the application of Schedule 7 of the Housing (Scotland) Act 2001
- Construction and Partnering contracts for developments
- Public Procurement - advising RSLs and commercial entities which tender for contracts in the sector, and advising RSLs on conducting procurements successfully
- Repairs and maintenance contracting for existing stock, including performance monitoring
- Governance advice, including in relation to compliance with constitutional documentation and internal policies
- Regulatory advice including in relation to periodic inspections
- Transactional and corporate advice including all banking and security matters
- Data Protection advice
The Scottish Government is currently consulting on the possible extension of Freedom of Information legislation to RSLs and we have considerable experience of clients already operating under that regime.